Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
OPEN Educational Resources (OERs)
How can the Library Help?
Librarians at John B. Cade Library can help you get started by:
- Putting you in touch with other Faculty that are using open textbooks and resources
- Identifying resources on the benefits of teaching with open textbooks and resources
- Helping you find open resources
- Evaluating open resources
- Assisting you with copyright issues
With so many freely available resources online, choosing an OER can be overwhelming. The following checklist contains suggestions for faculty and students when choosing resources for use in the classroom. The checklist asks questions in the following areas when making a decision on selecting an OER:
- Production of Quality
For more information contact Ms. Dawn Kight at (225)771-4934.
John B. Cade Library and OERs